Student Worship Leader
The ideal candidate possesses musical excellence, strong leadership skills, and has a heart for our next generation.
Main Objective: The Student Worship Leader oversees and leads the worship experience to impact students by incorporating musical and other God-focused, participatory worship in each environment where students feel comfortable responding to God.
Critical Skills: strong leadership, a passion that shows, musical excellence, and a heart for service
- Develop, lead and oversee the worship experiences in each environment for students (6th -12th grade) by utilizing a variety of creative and dynamic elements.
- Provide music and opportunities to utilize a variety of elements for the worship experiences (songs, scripture, creativity)
- Recruit and develop musicians and others to lead worship in student environments.
- Utilize effective communication with staff and volunteers for practice and the order of services.
- Schedule players and songs for service elements through Planning Center
- Develop a library of worship songs that reflect the hearts of the students. New original songs are welcomed if the leader possesses these gifts.
- Responsible for all tracks and chord charts as needed.
- Lead worship elements for NextGen events.
- Meet weekly with teams (staff) to plan for the upcoming service weeks ahead.
- Assist the worship directional leader and main stage team in any strategy meetings that are needed.
- Periodically lead in our main service environments or special services
Other Performance Expectations:
- Be an active and growing member of Fellowship Greenville.
- Practice and grow in FG’s Cultural Behaviors:
Thrive on team | Strive for excellence |Bring passion |Keep hands open | Live healthy
Reports To: Youth Pastor
Relates Closely To: Worship Pastor and Next Gen Staff
Job Status: This is a full-time (40 hours) per week position including nights and weekends.